Create custom promotion codes
You can create custom promotion codes in the Reseller Control Center. Custom promo codes let you offer your customers discounts they can apply to their orders, which is a great way to promote your storefront.
Note: When you use custom promo codes in marketing campaigns, you must display the message, "See Cart for details."
- Log in to your Reseller Control Center. (Need help opening your product?)
- Click Promotions.
- Click Create Promotion.
- For Promo code, enter the name of the code. You can enter up to 10 alphanumeric characters. For example, type Save10.
Note: Promo codes must be unique. Two resellers cannot create the same promo code. Once you create a promo code, you cannot change its name.
- For Description, enter a description of the promo code for your reference. You can enter up to 250 alphanumeric characters.
- For Discount, select Amount or Percent, and then enter a number for the discount amount you want to offer. For example, to offer a 10 percent discount, select Percent and then type 10.
Note: Your discount amount must be in USD and cannot exceed 15 percent. For example, if you enter a discount amount of $15 here, then you must enter at least $100 in the next field.
- For Minimum order amount, enter the minimum amount in USD that a customer must spend to use this promo code.
Note: The amount you enter must be high enough so that the discount amount does not exceed 15 percent. For example, if you chose a discount amount of $15 in the previous step, then you must enter at least $100 here.
- Enter a Start date and End date for the promo code. The date range cannot exceed one year.
- Click Save.
Note: You cannot delete a promo code or change its name, but you can inactivate it or edit its details.