Set up TrueShield (WAF) and TrueSpeed (CDN)
This video and the information below it provide tips to help you set up TrueShield and TrueSpeed if they are part of your SiteLock plan.
If you purchased a SiteLock Deluxe or Ultimate plan, you may need to run the TrueShield Configuration wizard to set up TrueShield.
Note: If your Domain and SiteLock Premium plan are in the same GoDaddy account, TrueShield is automatically set up for you. However, this process takes a few hours to complete. If you log into SiteLock during this time, you'll see a yellow exclamation mark in the TrueShield badge on the dashboard indicating that TrueShield is still being set up for your account. If you continue to see the yellow exclamation mark or get the Configuration Alert prompt after 24 hours, complete the steps in this article.
After you set up TrueShield, you won't be able to edit the DNS records for the website associated with TrueShield. If you need to edit those records, contact Support.
Run the TrueShield Wizard
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- On your My Products page, under SiteLock, find the SiteLock account you want to set up and click Manage.
This opens a new SiteLock tab in your browser.
Note: If this is a new SiteLock account, click Activate, then select or enter the domain name you want to use with the account.
- When prompted by the Configuration Alert dialog box, click Configure next to TrueShield. (If the TrueShield Wizard doesn't start automatically, click the TrueShield icon on the dashboard.)
Note: If you have a SiteLock Premium plan, this will configure both TrueShield (WAF) and TrueSpeed (CDN).
- Complete the steps in the TrueShield Wizard.
STEP 1 - Manage SSL
If you have an SSL certificate installed, you'll be prompted to verify your domain ownership in Step 1.
Note: If you see Not necessary at this time skip to Step 2 Manage Routing below.
- In your browser, click the My Account tab if it's still open. If not, open a new tab in your browser and log into your GoDaddy account.
- Expand Domains by clicking the plus sign next to Domains.
- Click Manage DNS for the domain you're setting up.
- At the bottom-right of the Records section, click Add.
- In the Type field, select TXT.
- In your browser, click the SiteLock tab and copy the Host and TXT Value information and paste them in the Host and TXT Value fields on the Domain Manager tab.
- Click Save.
Warning: If your site relies on SSL to function properly, wait for SiteLock to complete domain verification before proceeding to Step 2 Manage Routing.
- In your browser, go back to your My Products page.
- Click the SiteLock tab and go to Step 2 Manage Routing.
STEP 2 - Manage Routing
In this step, we'll guide you through the steps of routing your website traffic through SiteLock's CDN (Content Delivery Network).
Note: The trick to this step is knowing that you'll be switching back and forth numerous times between the SiteLock tab and the Domain Manager tab in your browser.
- In your browser, click the My Account tab.
- Expand Domains, find the account you want to configure and click Manage DNS.
- In the Records section, under the Name column, find the ftp record and make sure it Points to the IP address shown for the A record with the @ host name. Click Save. This will ensure that you bypass the CDN and WAF when using FTP to access your site. For example, if your records look like this:
Type Name Value TTL A @ 22.214.171.1240 600 Seconds CNAME ftp @ 1 Hour
Change them to this:
Type Name Value TTL A @ 126.96.36.1990 600 Seconds CNAME ftp 188.8.131.520 1 Hour
- In the Records section (Domain Manager tab), delete the A record and CNAME record displayed in the TrueShield Wizard (SiteLock tab).
- In the Records section (Domain Manager tab), add the A records indicated in the TrueShield Wizard on the (SiteLock tab). For the A record Host name, use @.
- In the Records section (Domain Manager tab), edit the CNAME record for 'www' so it Points to the domain name shown in on the (SiteLock tab). Keep the CNAME host as www.
- Optionally, go to step 3 to install the SiteLock Trust Seal on your site.
Return to the SiteLock dashboard. It can take several hours for the DNS changes to take effect. Once complete, the TrueShield icon will change to a green checkmark.
STEP 3 - SiteLock Trust Seal (optional)
Step 3 is optional. Add the Trust Seal to your site to let your customers know that your site is secure.
- Click Step 3 Install SiteLock Trust Seal and then click Begins Trust Seal Installation and follow the prompts on the screen.