Updating Missing or Inaccurate Authorization Codes
Some domain name registries assign authorization codes (also known as EPP codes or transfer keys) to domain names when you register them. If your domain name requires an authorization code, you must use it to transfer the domain name to us.
If you attempt to authorize a domain name transfer but omit the required authorization code or enter an invalid one, we display Action required: Authorization code needed or Error: Invalid authorization code in the domain name's Status column. To proceed, you must enter a valid authorization code.
To Update Missing or Inaccurate Authorization Codes
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
- From the Domains menu, select Transfers.
- Select the domain names you want to update the authorization codes for, and then do one of the following:
- In the Status column, click Correct Authorization Code Needed or Invalid authorization code, and then click Update authorization code.
- Click Update Auth Codes.
- Click Retry Authorization.
- In the Update Authorization Codes window, enter a valid authorization code.
Note: To prevent errors, copy and paste the authorization code into the Authorization Code field. Do not add extra spaces.
- Select I authorize the transfer..., and then click OK.