About .ORG domains
Public Interest Registry (PIR) is the sponsor for .org domain names.
Who can register .ORG domains?
Anyone can register .ORG domain names on a first-come, first-served basis.
When registering a .ORG domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 3-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 3rd or 4th characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- We'll attempt to auto-renew your domain on its expiration date. We'll park domains after the first failed billing attempt. If the domain isn't renewed within 40 days following expiration, we cancel it and remove it from your account.
- Backorders: Supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- CashParking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- Can use: DNSSEC, IPv4, IPv6