Error: This seat's taken, domain has already been used
When setting up your domain and email for the first time in Office 365 from GoDaddy, you might receive this error if you've already used that domain with any Office 365 offering:
This seat's taken. Whoops! [Domain] has already been used to set up an Office 365 account at Microsoft©.
Often, this will happen if you set up your domain on a trial offer for Office 365, and then purchase a plan later.
But, don't worry! You can still use your domain and email address with your new Office 365 from GoDaddy account. You'll just need to remove that domain in your Microsoft Office 365 account, before you can create new users in your new Office 365 account.
- At the Office 365 log in screen, click the account you want to log in to.
- Click the Admin tile.
- Under users & groups, click Add users, reset passwords, and more.
- Using the checkboxes on the left, select all the users that are associated with the domain you want to use.
- Click (Delete), and confirm the action.
- Click Close to acknowledge that you deleted that user.
- Go back to your Admin page, and under Domains, click Manage domains for your website and email.
- Select the domain that you want to use.
- Click Remove.
- Click Yes.
- Click Close to acknowledge that you deleted the domain.
- Once you've completed these steps, go back to your Office 365 from GoDaddy account, and finish setting up your email account.