What does my domain transfer status mean?
After you transfer your domain to GoDaddy it goes through different statuses during the process. We'll let you know the status of your domain transfer in your account, but check out this handy guide for more detail on each status.
- Domain locked: Your domain is still locked at your current registrar. You'll need to unlock your domain, then restart your transfer in your GoDaddy account.
- Missing auth code: Your transferred domain is missing the authorization code. You'll need to get the auth code from your current registrar, then enter it in your GoDaddy account.
- Invalid auth code: The authorization code you entered for your domain transfer is invalid. Verify the correct auth code with your current registrar, then update the auth code in your GoDaddy account.
- Registrant eligibility unverified: Some domains have special eligibility requirements for registration and transfers. Don't worry — our GoDaddy Guides are here to get you squared away.
- Registry lock: Your domain is locked at the registry level. Your current registrar will need to review the lock and get it removed, then you can restart the transfer in your GoDaddy account.
- Transfer denied: The transfer was denied by your current registrar. Check with them to resolve any issues, then restart the transfer once things are resolved.
- Unknown error: We're having trouble transferring your domain. Our GoDaddy Guides will need to investigate the issue to get your transfer moving.
- 60-day lock: Looks like your domain was registered or transferred less than 60 days ago. ICANN doesn't allow registrar transfers within 60 days of those events. We'll automatically process your transfer when the 60-day lock is lifted.
- In progress: Your domain transfer is processing without issue and should be completed within 5-7 days.
- Complete: Your domain completed its transfer to GoDaddy and is ready to be put to work.
- Canceled: Your domain transfer was canceled, but if you've changed your mind, you can start a new transfer any time.
- Expired: Your domain transfer expired due to inactivity. Still want to transfer your domain? We've got you covered.
- Keep your domain active and avoid expiration by turning on auto renew.